Qualcomm Debuts a first ever powerful 10nm Snapdragon 835 processor for mobile devices
Qualcomm recently announced their new chipset to power up mobile devices. Qualcomm Debuts Snapdragon 835, likely the best android chip of all in 2017 if MediaTek will not make a move.
Qualcomm confirmed new details about the Snapdragon 835 processor at the chipmaker’s CES 2017 press conference in Las Vegas, including revealing the first Snapdragon 835-powered device. Qualcom says that it will be one-of-a-kind processor that’s smaller, faster, and more energy-efficient than any chipset in history.
So what's new with Snapdragon 835 processor? Here's a quick summary.
- Built using a new 10nm design to make it smaller and more compact
- 25 percent less power than the previous generation
- Ultra-fast charging with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4
- Gigabit LTE and multi-gigabit Wi-Fi connectivity
- 25 percent faster 3D graphic rendering and 60X more display colors
- It supports 3D positional audio, superior SNR (Signal-to-Noise ratio), and native DSD format
- Improved zoom and stabilization for photos and videos and Dual Photodiode (2PD) support for outstanding auto focus
- Supports cameras with resolutions ranging up to 32-megapixels at 30 frames per second
- Integrated with Snapdragon X16 Gigabit LTE modem and support for 802.11ad multi-gigabit, as well as integrated 2x2 11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0 support through companion WCN 3990 chip
- Improved security with Qualcomm Haven Security Platform
Qualcom plans to use snapdragon 835 to build immersive AR and VR, to improve machine learning for low power virtual assistant and security. The first devices powered by Snapdragon 835 are the ODG R-8 and R-9 AR/VR smartglasses.
Well, the new Qualcomm Snapdragon is awesome, and here's what I think: With great power comes
great responsibility I mean price, great price.